* LETSI – Beyond SCORM
* Natural Evolution
* From ADL
* Adoption since 1997 has been enormous
* Things were not designed back then to scale the way they need to now
* Truly Global stewardship of SCORM
* Taking over the responsibilities from ADL to be able to scale that support up
* Charter, Governance, Infrastructure in the works now
* Big things to emerge in 2008
* Masie Consortium has given $10K to support LETSI, representing 250+ commercial organizations
* Tom King is Masie’s delegate to LETSI.
* 3D Learning Project
* Masie has paid to develop custom Second Life objects (islands, rooms, etc)
* The “Compuserve” of virtual worlds
* Not ready for corporate life, but there is a lot of innovation
* Only Consortium members can come on to the Masie Island
* Assets can be reused for free by any of the Consortium members
* Interests in using Second Life as a narrative-based learning environment
* Common thread — many of the people in organizations whose job is to research nextGen stuff has to do it from home, because nextGen stuff (Second Life, Facebook, Twitter) is blocked from corporate firewall.
* Voice of the Learner Survey
* Looking for 10,000+ participation
* Quick beta in November
* Will aggregate member data for the member itself (separately) — for free.
* The goal is that this happens every year.
* Question this should answer: How is Learner Preference changing?
* Mobile Learning Project (iPhone+)
* Judy Brown and Tom King
* Coaching & Mentoring
* Stretch Assignments (Critical element in development)
* Little scalability
* Performance Support
* Interface issues
* Visual Front End of LMS